Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Region American Music Therapy Student section! This area of the website is here to help prospective Music Therapy students learn more about the field and keep current students informed about the region. Students come from 17 different schools in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. MARAMTS tries to bring all of the students together, to learn and share ideas with each other. By becoming a member of AMTA, students from the region become a part of MARAMTS, the Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapter of the American Music Therapy Association Students. Please help by keeping your school informed on the latest conference and scholarship information. Thank you!
- (9/6/2016) - MAR-AMTA Membership has just announced three new awards! MAR-AMTA National Conference Award, MAR-AMTA National Conference Award and the Student Member Regional Conference Award– View them here! Check them out soon– Deadlines are quickly approaching!
- (8/15/2016) - Vice President for Membership Report Marisol S. Norris, MA, MT-BC Greetings MAR-AMTA!! I am excited to serve as your new VP of Membership. MAR is renowned for its members who daily exhibit 1) passionate service, 2) commitment to music therapy field advancement, and 3) dedication to the professional growth fostered by our inter-connectivity. These are […]
- (7/24/2016) -
- (7/21/2016) - GOVERNMENT RELATIONS Respectfully Submitted: Maria Hricko Fay, LSW, LCAT, MT-BC Fellow of the Association for Music and Imagery email@example.com Summer is usually a time to slow down in the lazy, hazy heat. While work related to government relations generally slows down a bit in the summer months, task forces are still very active gathering information, […]
- (6/27/2016) - MAR President’s Forum: Responses from AMTA On behalf of the AMTA, President Geiger has provided a document with responses to the questions and concerns raised during the MAR President’s Forum. To read the original document from the Presidents Forum, click here. A HUGE thanks goes to President Geiger for compiling this information for us and for […]
- (6/22/2016) - On Behalf of the MAR Research Committee, we would like to announce the recipient of the MAR GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH AWARD; The recipient of the 2016 MAR Graduate Student Research Award ($1,000) is Katherine Myers-Coffman for her research study ‘The Resilience Songwriting Model for Adolescent Bereavement: A Mixed Methods Study’. Katherine is a PhD student at […]
- (4/30/2016) - Hello MAR, The 2016 conference in Harrisburg, PA was an exceptional event, thanks to the 748 attendees, the dynamic local committee, talented musicians, and the conference session offerings. This was the biggest conference to date and it was an honor to be a part of the process. The conference evaluation is now closed and we […]
- (4/30/2016) - MARAMTS Update: Student Affairs and Happenings Conio Loretto, MS, LCAT, MT-BC – MAR Student Affairs Advisor Megan Neil – Outgoing MARAMTS Vice President Tara O’Brien – Incoming MARAMTS Vice President PASSAGES 2015: TODAY, TOMORROW & FOREVER This year’s Passages Conference for our region’s students and new professionals was held on October 24, 2015 at Shenandoah […]
- (4/29/2016) - GOVERNMENT RELATIONS Maria Hricko Fay, LSW, LCAT, MT-BC Fellow of the Association for Music and Imagery firstname.lastname@example.org CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS History was made at the Harrisburg State Capitol during the conference! The largest Music Therapy Hill Day in the country took place with well over 200 music therapists and music therapy students from across the region […]
- (4/12/2016) - Congratulations to the newest elected members of the MARAMTAS Executive Board! President: Andrea Schaertel- Duquesne University MARAMTSpresident@gmail.com President Elect: Meghan Smith- Temple University MARAMTSpresidentelect@gmail.com Vice President: Tara O’Brien-Fredonia State MARAMTSvicepresident@gmail.com Student Affairs Advisor: Conio Loretto, Center for Discovery MARAMTSadvisor@gmail.com Secretary: Colleen McDonough-Temple University MARAMTSsecretary@gmail.com Parliamentarian: Halley Cole-Duquesne University MARAMTSparliamentarian@gmail.com Treasurer: Amanda Montera-Temple University MARAMTStreasurer@gmail.com Government […]
- (4/1/2016) - 2016 Special Elections Slate of Nominees (Approved 3/18/2016) Vice President for Membership Beth Deyermond, MA, MT-BC has been a practicing music therapist for the past fourteen years. She currently serves as the Music Therapy Department Chairperson and Internship Director at The Center for Discovery in Harris, NY. She received her Bachelors of Science in […]
- (4/1/2016) - The MAR Research Committee would like to remind folks of the Graduate Student Research Award which has a deadline of May 1st, 2016. The MAR Graduate Student Research Award assists graduate music therapy students undertaking original thesis or dissertation research with a grant of up to $1,000.00 to support research costs prior to the completion of […]
- (3/12/2016) -
- (1/27/2016) - Check out the workshop hosted by NYU, the New York State Task Force and MARAMTA on February 21st, 2016!! Great way to earn CMTE’s and its FREE for students!! Check it out!!
- (9/21/2015) - Registration is now open for PASSAGES 2015: TODAY, TOMORROW & FOREVER. PASSAGES is a FREE conference for students and new professionals within the MAR. This year’s conference will be held at Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA from 9am to 5pm. To register, simply follow the link below! Register Here
- (7/14/2015) - The MAR-AMTA will once again be awarding scholarships to deserving students and interns within our region. Each year, the MAR-AMTA gives over two thousand dollars to students and interns through a variety of scholarship opportunities. The MARAMTS Sophomore, Junior and Graduate Scholarships are awarded each year to students who demonstrate commitment to our field through […]
- (3/23/2015) - The 2014-2015 Student Scholarships were awarded to the following students at the 2015 Regional Conference in Ocean City. Sophomore Scholarship Lydia Anthony (Elizabethtown College) Bethany Wentling (Elizabethtown College) Junior Scholarship Briana Sanford (Nazareth College) Elizabeth Bligh (SUNY Fredonia) Graduate Scholarship Megan Neil (Radford University) Jenny Shinn Memorial Scholarship Diana Abourafeh (Molloy College) Marissa Aulenbach (Elizabethtown College) Arianna Bendlin (Elizabethtown College) […]
- (3/4/2015) - Do you know who your Assembly Delegates are? Do you wish you had more of a voice in MAR or AMTA? Come chat with your representatives at the Networking Luncheon for an opportunity to hear what’s going on or share your input!
More information coming soon!
Access previous issues of the MARAMTS Newsletter below:
Fall 2012 Newsletter
Spring 2012 Newsletter
Fall 2011 Newsletter
Spring 2011 Newsletter
Fall 2010 Newsletter
Spring 2010 Newsletter
Fall 2009 Newsletter
Fall 2008 Newsletter
Spring 2008 Newsletter
Fall 2007 Newsletter
Spring 2007 Newsletter
Fall 2006 Newsletter