MAR Continuing Education Mission Statement and Grievance Policy
MAR CMTE Co-Sponsorship Policy
Understanding the Recertification Process:
Board Certification Domains (2015), the outcome of the 2014 Practice Analysis Study which measured and defined current music therapy practice, is now available. Exam content and recertification requirements will be based upon this new document, effective April 1, 2015.
The Scope of Music Therapy Practice (2015) broadly defines the range of responsibilities of a fully qualified music therapy professional with requisite education, clinical training, and board certification. Created and approved by AMTA & CBMT, this document considers the contributions, interrelationships, and interdependencies of the CBMT Scope of Practice (2010) & Code of Professional Practice, as well as the AMTA Standards of Clinical Practice, Professional Competencies, & Code of Ethics.
Access both documents, as well as the CBMT Code of Professional Practice at http://www.cbmt.org/
The new ethics requirement went into effect with those recertification cycles that began in 2011 or later. This requires certificants to obtain at least three (3) of the 100 recertification credits in ethical practice. Read here to learn how to meet the ethics requirement.
Ongoing Pre-Approved Continuing Education Opportunities:
- CBMT Calendar of Approved Provider Courses (Live-event, specialty, distance, and self-study courses): http://www.cbmt.org/cbmt-approved-providers/cmte-courses/
- AMTA Self-study courses: http://www.musictherapy.org/careers/continuing_music_therapy_education/
- MusicTherapyEd.com. On-line CMTE courses. http://www.musictherapyed.com/
- Music WorksPublications. Self-study CMTEs. http://musicworkspublications.com/
- On-line Continuing Education for Music Therapists and Allied Health Professionals: http://www.cmteonlineclasses.com/
- Summit Music Therapy Services. On-line CMTE courses. http://www.summitmusictherapy.com/online-courses/