The 2016 conference in Harrisburg, PA was an exceptional event, thanks to the 748 attendees, the dynamic local committee, talented musicians, and the conference session offerings. This was the biggest conference to date and it was an honor to be a part of the process. The conference evaluation is now closed and we received a record number of responses at a rate of almost 50%. Your feedback is a vital part of the conference planning process and we appreciate that you took some additional time to let us know how to continue to address the needs of the MAR conference attendees.
I would like to extend a huge thank you to the 2016 Conference Council, the local Committee, and Volunteers for all of the help planning and working on such a spectacular conference.
2016 MAR Regional Conference Council:
- VP-elect for Conference Planning: Jenny Swanson
- Regional Event Planner: Tina Myers
- REP in training: Elaine Kong
- Regional Exhibits: Darcy Lipscomb O’Daniel
- Continuing Ed Coordinators: Clare Arezina Wiemann & Laurie Keough
- Student Rep (MARAMTS VP): Megan Neil
- PR: Megan Resig
- Conference Treasurer: Molly Hicks
2016 Local Conference Planning Committee:
- Instruments: Cassy Schoffstalls & Kim Glass
- Entertainment: Joanna Karns & Emma Watson
- Exhibits/Fundraising: Allison Dowling & Kristyn Beeman
- Publicity/Government Relations: Melanie Isaccs & Melanie Walborn
- Student Service Project: Vicki Rowe & Lauren Rowe
- Volunteers: Gretchen Patti & Vern Miller
- Registration: Matt Phillips
Thanks also to other MAR members who assisted in the conference planning process:
- Research Committee: Anthony Meadows and Gene Ann Behrens
- Special Target Population Networking lunch: Darcy Lipscomb
- Student Affairs Advisor: Conio Loretto
Congratulations to the recipients of this year’s awards and scholarships!
- MAR Research Award: Dr. Wendy Magee
- MAR Collaborative Research Award: Dr. John Carpente
- Advocacy Award: Dr. Valerie Collins & Mr. & Mrs. Nancy Saretsky
- President’s Award: Rose Bentsen
- Service Award: Mark Ahola
- Sophomore Scholarship: Emma Martin & Meghan Smith
- Junior Scholarship: Riley Conklin & Andrea Schaertel
- Graduate Scholarship: Joy Willenbrink
- Music Therapy Club Award: Molloy College & Nazareth College
- Jenny Shinn Memorial Scholarship: Emily Mountain; Elizabethtown College, Stephenie Sofield; Ohio University: & Tara O’Brien: SUNY Fredonia.
Last, we are excited to announce that the 2017 MAR conference will be in Rochester, NY March 15th -18th 2017. Keep your eye on the MAR website for information and updates!
MAR VP for Conference Planning
Trish Winter, Ph.D., MT-BC