The mission of the Mid-Atlantic Region of the American Music Therapy Association is to advance public awareness of the benefits of music therapy, to increase access to quality music therapy services, and to provide support to its members within the Mid-Atlantic Region.
The links below provide information about job listings, CMTE opportunities, advocacy efforts, and resources in Virginia.
The Virginia Music Therapy Association
Virginia Music Therapy Association (VMTA) Officers
President: Nicole Drozd
Past-President: Miriam Smith
Vice-President: Kara Whipple
Recording Secretary: Kelsi Yingling
Corresponding Secretary: Amy Hewes
Treasurer: Sarah Ware
Public Relations: Briana Priester
Government Relations Liaison: Tracy Bowdish
None currently; check back soon!
- Music Therapist (CBMT or MT-BC) (8/10/2022) - This position is responsible for planning and facilitating a comprehensive program of therapeutic music activities for residents to develop and maintain cognitive functioning, enhance creativity, promote self-confidence, encourage socialization, and...
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Two CMTE Courses at Radford University, March 15-17, 2018 (2/15/2018)
- Radford University Music Therapy Symposium (3/11/2017)
- CMTE Opportunity: Boomwhackers, Harp, and Garageband (3/2/2017)
- Registration is now OPEN for Passages 2015! (9/21/2015)
- Music Therapy License Created in Virginia (4/28/2020)
- Two Bills Making Way to Virginia Governor’s Desk (2/18/2020)
- Board of Health Professionals Issue Recommendation (11/22/2019)
- VASTF Undergoing Sunrise Review Study (8/26/2019)
- The Summer Government Relations Report Is In! (7/21/2016)
- April 2016 Government Relations Newsletter (4/29/2016)
- Government Relations Newsletter (1/26/2016)
Email us at VirginiaMusicTherapy@gmail.com