The 2017 MAR conference will be in Rochester, NY from March 15th -18th. The local hosts will be Amanda Dimino, Lauren Faggiano, and Melinda Kurowski. We look forward to bringing you another dynamic conference program with a focus on the diverse needs of music therapy professionals. See you in Rochester!
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING!
If you are registering as an AMTA member you will need to enter a conference discount code number to receive the member discount pricing. AMTA will send MAR Conference Planning a list of new and renewed members for 2017. After that information has been received, conference planning will email you a unique code that you must enter into the system to receive the member discount.
It is VERY important for all members to understand that the MAR system and AMTA’s member system are in no way linked. The process of retrieving membership numbers and emailing the unique codes is a time consuming process completed by the VP for Conference Planning and the VP Elect for Conference Planning. Please take this time delay into consideration when you are renewing your membership and registering for conference. For example if you renew your membership 24-48 hours before the close of the early bird deadline we cannot guarantee that you will be able to get your unique number and benefit from the early bird discount!
We appreciate your continued flexibility as we streamline all of our conference processes.
See you in Rochester, NY!
2017 MAR Conference Council
NY State Music Therapists!
At this time the MAR is NOT a NY State Approved Provider of Continuing Education. The application to become a provider is under review but the MAR cannot guarantee that CMTEs will count toward the LCAT training requirements. As the region obtains more information we will provide updates to keep everyone informed of the most current information about this very important process. CMTEs will continue to count for your Board Certification Continuing Education requirements.
Conference Updates and Announcements
- (1/15/2017) - MAR-AMTA 2017 Conference Program and Registration are live! Click here to head over to the conference page, but don’t forget to read the important information below! Looking forward to another great conference! PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING! If you are registering as an AMTA member you will need to enter a conference discount code number to receive […]
- (12/12/2016) -
- (9/27/2016) - Greetings! The deadline is rapidly approaching for CMTE, Concurrent, and Connections/Passages Call for Papers for the AMTA Western and Mid-Western Regional Conference. This is a great opportunity to share with two regions as we have joined forces with the Mid-Western Region to provide the 2017 Conference in Broomfield, CO March 16th – 19th, 2017. CMTE Courses […]
- (9/6/2016) - MAR-AMTA Membership has just announced three new awards! MAR-AMTA National Conference Award, MAR-AMTA National Conference Award and the Student Member Regional Conference Award– View them here! Check them out soon– Deadlines are quickly approaching!
- (7/8/2016) - The 2017 MAR Conference Request for Proposals (RFP) is now open! Conference dates will be March 15th -18th. We will accept online submissions only. Please note that there are some changes to the RFP to help us streamline the process and to gather as much information as possible for the review process. We are also […]
- (6/27/2016) - MAR President’s Forum: Responses from AMTA On behalf of the AMTA, President Geiger has provided a document with responses to the questions and concerns raised during the MAR President’s Forum. To read the original document from the Presidents Forum, click here. A HUGE thanks goes to President Geiger for compiling this information for us and for […]
- (6/11/2016) - Submissions for Global Perspectives Session The International Relations Committee welcomes submissions for consideration for the Global Perspectives Session at the AMTA Conference. The session showcases international music therapy projects, scholarly work and service opportunities from around the world. Previous sessions have highlighted both professional and student experiences. Please email Flossie Ierardi at firstname.lastname@example.org with your […]
- (6/11/2016) - MAR President’s Forum: Let Your Voice Be Heard (Notes that we collected during the forum) A key theme that emerged repeatedly throughout the forum was communication. Every issue we discussed came back to lacking clear communication to members from the “top down” and no voice available for “bottom up” communication. And along with communication was […]
- (4/30/2016) - Hello MAR, The 2016 conference in Harrisburg, PA was an exceptional event, thanks to the 748 attendees, the dynamic local committee, talented musicians, and the conference session offerings. This was the biggest conference to date and it was an honor to be a part of the process. The conference evaluation is now closed and we […]
- (4/30/2016) - MARAMTS Update: Student Affairs and Happenings Conio Loretto, MS, LCAT, MT-BC – MAR Student Affairs Advisor Megan Neil – Outgoing MARAMTS Vice President Tara O’Brien – Incoming MARAMTS Vice President PASSAGES 2015: TODAY, TOMORROW & FOREVER This year’s Passages Conference for our region’s students and new professionals was held on October 24, 2015 at Shenandoah […]
Past MAR Conferences
More information about previous Mid-Atlantic Region Music Therapy Conferences is available in the conference archives. Click here to access the archives.