The 2017 MAR conference will be in Rochester, NY from March 15th -18th. The local hosts will be Amanda Dimino, Lauren Faggiano, and Melinda Kurowski. We look forward to bringing you another dynamic conference program with a focus on the diverse needs of music therapy professionals. See you in Rochester!
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING!
If you are registering as an AMTA member you will need to enter a conference discount code number to receive the member discount pricing. AMTA will send MAR Conference Planning a list of new and renewed members for 2017. After that information has been received, conference planning will email you a unique code that you must enter into the system to receive the member discount.
It is VERY important for all members to understand that the MAR system and AMTA’s member system are in no way linked. The process of retrieving membership numbers and emailing the unique codes is a time consuming process completed by the VP for Conference Planning and the VP Elect for Conference Planning. Please take this time delay into consideration when you are renewing your membership and registering for conference. For example if you renew your membership 24-48 hours before the close of the early bird deadline we cannot guarantee that you will be able to get your unique number and benefit from the early bird discount!
We appreciate your continued flexibility as we streamline all of our conference processes.
See you in Rochester, NY!
2017 MAR Conference Council
NY State LCATs!
We are pleased to announce that MAR-AMTA has been APPROVED by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an acceptable provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists, #CAT-0021, effective February 1, 2017. We are offering a number of CMTE courses at the conference that are acceptable to NYSED as CE for LCATs, including the Pre-Conference GIM Level-1 training, the Pre-Conference Institute, and most of our CMTEs. However, CMTE credits are not always equivalent to acceptable CE contact hours for LCATs. Please see “CMTE Course Descriptions”, below, for a full listing of courses and their acceptability.
Conference Updates and Announcements
- (4/25/2017) - Save the Date! The 2018 Conference will be held on April 11th- 14th, 2018. The location will be at the Sheraton Hotel in Station Square in Pittsburgh, PA. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
- (3/4/2017) - For a plethora of CMTE opportunities, check out the MAR-AMTA 2017 Conference in Rochester, NY. View the CMTE Course offerings for the 2017 Conference. Also, take a look at the Conference Program to see what is available for umbrella groupings! Umbrella Groupings The Board Certified Music Therapist may earn up to 100 CMTE credits per cycle for this […]
- (2/24/2017) - Book Your Discounted Conference Hotel Room- Deadline Extended! The MARAMT 2017 regional conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency in Rochester, NY. The deadline to book a room and receive the discounted rates has been extended to February 28th, 2017! Click here for more information about the hotel. For more information about the […]
- (1/15/2017) - MAR-AMTA 2017 Conference Program and Registration are live! Click here to head over to the conference page, but don’t forget to read the important information below! Looking forward to another great conference! PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING! If you are registering as an AMTA member you will need to enter a conference discount code number to receive […]
- (12/12/2016) -
- (9/27/2016) - Greetings! The deadline is rapidly approaching for CMTE, Concurrent, and Connections/Passages Call for Papers for the AMTA Western and Mid-Western Regional Conference. This is a great opportunity to share with two regions as we have joined forces with the Mid-Western Region to provide the 2017 Conference in Broomfield, CO March 16th – 19th, 2017. CMTE Courses […]
- (9/6/2016) - MAR-AMTA Membership has just announced three new awards! MAR-AMTA National Conference Award, MAR-AMTA National Conference Award and the Student Member Regional Conference Award– View them here! Check them out soon– Deadlines are quickly approaching!
- (7/8/2016) - The 2017 MAR Conference Request for Proposals (RFP) is now open! Conference dates will be March 15th -18th. We will accept online submissions only. Please note that there are some changes to the RFP to help us streamline the process and to gather as much information as possible for the review process. We are also […]
- (6/27/2016) - MAR President’s Forum: Responses from AMTA On behalf of the AMTA, President Geiger has provided a document with responses to the questions and concerns raised during the MAR President’s Forum. To read the original document from the Presidents Forum, click here. A HUGE thanks goes to President Geiger for compiling this information for us and for […]
- (6/11/2016) - Submissions for Global Perspectives Session The International Relations Committee welcomes submissions for consideration for the Global Perspectives Session at the AMTA Conference. The session showcases international music therapy projects, scholarly work and service opportunities from around the world. Previous sessions have highlighted both professional and student experiences. Please email Flossie Ierardi at firstname.lastname@example.org with your […]
Past MAR Conferences
More information about previous Mid-Atlantic Region Music Therapy Conferences is available in the conference archives. Click here to access the archives.