Hello MAR-AMTA! The Conference Planning Committee is so excited to be having another virtual conference! The 2024 “Call for Papers” for our conference is officially open, and information for submitting a proposal is below! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Allison Broaddrick, VPCP at her email address below. Thank you all and we look forward to receiving your proposals and hosting you VIRTUALLY in 2024!!
- Our virtual conference will be held March 4th-6th, 2024
- The “Call for Papers” is OPEN and we will only accept online submissions.
- Before filling out the online form, please review the following documents:
- The 2024 Conference Proposal Review Information provides information on items that reviewers will be paying attention to, and provides more information on the proposal question related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- The 2024 Call For Papers PDF is a document that includes all of the questions so you can have a hard copy to refer to. Please DO NOT use this to turn in your call for papers. It must be submitted electronically through the link below. You may use this document for preparing to submit your proposal.
- The Mid-Atlantic Region of the American Music Therapy Association seeks to acknowledge and repair the oppressive structures placed upon our historically marginalized music therapy colleagues and students. With this in mind, we are providing compensation in the form of free conference registration for historically marginalized music therapy members. We recognize the emotional labor required in both constructing and presenting these sessions. To receive this free conference registration:
- Individuals must be from a historically marginalized community (e.g. Asian, Black, Disabled, Indigenous, Latinx, LGBTQIA2+, North African, South-West Asian)
- MAR-AMTA recognizes Affinity Groups as those who represent historically marginalized and oppressed community members.
- Individuals must submit their presentation within the “Call for Papers” call period.
- Presentations must undergo the anonymous review process and receive a passing score.
- In the “Call for Papers,” individuals must select “yes” in the corresponding section for this compensation.
- The Vice-President for Conference Planning will have sole access to this identifying information and will not question or police individuals identity.
SEPTEMBER 15th, 2023 (by 11:59pm): $35.00 registration discount
SEPTEMBER 29th, 2023 (by 11:59pm): $25.00 registration discount
OCTOBER 13th, 2023 (by 11:59pm): Final submission deadline. (No registration discount.)
(Discounts are for concurrent sessions ONLY. Both CMTE’s and Pre-Conference Institutes receive a stipend)
Last but not least, please follow THIS LINK to submit your proposal. We are excited for your submissions and hope to host you at the 2024 Virtual Conference!
If you have any questions please contact Allison Broaddrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allison Broaddrick, MT-BC
Vice-President of Conference Planning MAR-AMTA
MaryClaire Holliday, MS, LCAT, MT-BC
Continuing Education Coordinator, MAR-AMTA