This is the final call for nominations for MAR-AMTA Executive Board officer and Assembly of Delegates position. All nominations must be in by 11:59 PM on Friday, March 17, 2023. We are looking for individuals willing to run for the following positions:
- President-Elect (6 year term)
- Vice President for Membership (2 year term)
- Vice President for Conference Planning-Elect (4 year term)
- Treasurer-Elect (4 year term)
- Government Relations-Elect (4 year term)
- Public Relations Chair (2 year term)
- Assembly Delegate (2 year term)
If you are interested in running for a position on the Executive Board, or would like to learn more about what it means to serve in this way, please fill out the following form and a member of the Nominating Committee will be in touch with you. https://forms.gle/URx3z4V13eNywb968
The MAR-AMTA recognizes that the national organization has been in flux and that outcomes continue to be uncertain. MAR-AMTA will continue to operate, is financially sound, and will continue to work towards our goals of:
- promoting awareness and understanding of music therapy to the general public including advocacy efforts and recognition at state and national levels
- To increase advocacy and promotion of diversity within organization structures, including the dismantling and replacement of structures that are oppressive
- To increase support regarding issues of social justice including disability rights as they impact members of our Region and the people we serve.
- To promote member benefits and use of resources and to increase membership in the organization.
- To increase transparency with the membership through effective and open communication.
- To be fiscally responsible as a Region, and to be sensitive to the financial needs of the membership.
Any questions, please contact the Nominating Committee via Beth Deyermond at firstname.lastname@example.org.