The Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee is responsible for preparing a slate of candidates for Regional elections (regular and special) and helping to facilitate the election and voting processes. The committee is made up of the Immediate Past President (chair of committee), and five (5) professional regional members representing five (5) different areas of the Region. The Nominating Committee is committed to prioritizing advancing equity and inclusion throughout the entire nomination and election processes, including when choosing committee members to present to the Board for approval. The committee welcomes feedback from the MAR community at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Committee Members:
Beth Deyermond, Immediate Past President (Chair)
Nicole Hahna, Member
Audrey Hausig, President-Elect, Member
Bethany Lindeblad, Member
FINAL Call for Nominations
This is the final call for nominations for MAR-AMTA Executive Board officer and Assembly of Delegates position. All nominations must be in by 11:59 PM on Friday, March 17, 2023. We are looking for individuals willing to run for the following positions:
- President-Elect (6 year term)
- Vice President for Membership (2 year term)
- Vice President for Conference Planning-Elect (4 year term)
- Treasurer-Elect (4 year term)
- Government Relations-Elect (4 year term)
- Public Relations Chair (2 year term)
- Assembly Delegate (2 year term)
If you are interested in running for a position on the Executive Board, or would like to learn more about what it means to serve in this way, please fill out the following form and a member of the Nominating Committee will be in touch with you. https://forms.gle/URx3z4V13eNywb968
The MAR-AMTA recognizes that the national organization has been in flux and that outcomes continue to be uncertain. MAR-AMTA will continue to operate, is financially sound, and will continue to work towards our goals of:
- promoting awareness and understanding of music therapy to the general public including advocacy efforts and recognition at state and national levels
- To increase advocacy and promotion of diversity within organization structures, including the dismantling and replacement of structures that are oppressive
- To increase support regarding issues of social justice including disability rights as they impact members of our Region and the people we serve.
- To promote member benefits and use of resources and to increase membership in the organization.
- To increase transparency with the membership through effective and open communication.
- To be fiscally responsible as a Region, and to be sensitive to the financial needs of the membership.
Any questions, please contact the Nominating Committee via Beth Deyermond at email@example.com.