Location: Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC
One Gustave L. Levy Place
Contact: Cheryl Strauss, email@example.com
About the setting:
At the Mount Sinai Hospital, child life and creative arts therapy services are provided in a variety of pediatric areas including outpatient clinic areas, the Kravis Children’s Hospital (an acute medical/surgical inpatient hospital), and the pediatric emergency department (PED). Patients range in age from newborn-22 yrs. We serve a diverse, multi-cultural population.
The PED is a fast-paced setting in which strong clinical, interpersonal, collaborative and organizational skills are necessary. The music therapist provides clinical music therapy interventions to patients and families in the setting of the pediatric emergency department primarily to support coping and reduce stress.
Job responsibilities and areas of competency include:
• Provide comprehensive music therapy services to pediatric patients and family members that support goals of care and meet emotional, physical, cognitive, social, cultural and communicative. Knowledge of environmental music therapy (EMT), pain management, and procedural support methods are strongly preferred.
• Coordinate with Certified Child Life Specialist in creating coping strategies, developing pain management plans, facilitating age appropriate education to enhance understanding of care, and promoting play and expressive opportunities.
• Documentation of music therapy interventions and outcomes in electronic medical records.
• Effective communication and team building skills with child life staff and medical team around clinical care and issues revealed through music therapy sessions.
• Active participation in multi-disciplinary clinical supervision group and individual supervision.
• Recording of music therapy statistics, required for departmental quality assurance.
• Adherence to infection control procedures and other safety standards.
• Assistance with research studies as assigned.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of special events and programming
• Completion of departmental and hospital-required administrative tasks.
Open Date: 11/9/2022
Closed Date: 1/31/2023