Location: Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads
3440 S. Jefferson St. Falls Church VA 22041
Contact: Tiffany Proctor
About the Position:
This position is responsible for planning and facilitating a comprehensive program of therapeutic music activities for residents to develop and maintain cognitive functioning, enhance creativity, promote self-confidence, encourage socialization, and foster community involvement. Engages residents in all levels of living and works as a member of the Life Enrichment team.
- Directs and participates in instrumental and vocal music activities designed to meet residents’ desires/needs, such as solo or group singing, rhythmic and other creative music activities, and music listening.
- Works individually or in groups utilizing instrumental or vocal music and music projective techniques, such as guided imagery or progressive relaxation.
- Plays musical instruments, such as piano, guitar, or percussion instruments.
- Provides music therapy experiences to address resident needs, such as using music for self-care, adjusting to life changes, improving cognitive functioning, raising self-esteem, communicating, or controlling impulses.
- Engages residents in music experiences to identify their responses to different styles of music, types of musical experiences, such as improvising or listening, or elements of music, such as tempo or harmony.
- Establishes goals or objectives for music therapy treatment, considering one’s needs, capabilities, interests, and overall therapeutic value.
- Supports special music-related events (visiting artists, concerts, workshops etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Education or Music Therapy.
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, and methodology of alternative therapy appropriate for the geriatric population.
- A minimum of one year providing music therapy and/or music activities in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Certified Board Music Therapist (CBMT) or Music Therapist Board Certified (MT-BC).
Open Date: 8/10/2022
Close Date: 9/30/2022