Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Region of the American Music Therapy Association!
If you are an AMTA member and live within our region, then you are automatically a member of the incredible MAR! Being a member has numerous benefits including reduced rates at our amazing conferences and an accessible network of wonderful music therapists.
Read more about AMTA membership benefits here http://www.musictherapy.org/members/benefits/
Scroll down to see some of the fantastic benefits of being a MAR member!
Did you know that MAR subsidizes PR Materials for it’s members? We are passionate about support advocacy efforts within our region! For a complete list of materials available to you, visit the Public Relations Committee page.
To get connected, join our MAR email list serv https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MAR_musictherapists/info
Stay up-to-date with the MAR Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/61214118085/
We love to shine our spotlight on our amazing members! Check out previous Membership Spotlight articles below!
- (2/13/2017) - Membership Spotlight: Rick Soshensky, MA, LCAT, MT-BC, NRMT Describe your career as a music therapist—education, populations served:What brought you to the field of music therapy or why did you decide to pursue music therapy as a profession? I originally wanted to be an original singer/songwriter such as Bruce Springsteen or Tom Petty but after trying […]
- (8/15/2016) - Julie Lipson, MA, MT-BC Membership Spotlight Questions Describe your career as a music therapist—education, populations served, etc. I have been running my private practice, Inner Rhythms Music Therapy since 2013. I am constantly surprised and delighted by the individuals and groups who reach out for services. Over the past few years, I have run groups […]
- (4/30/2016) - Membership Spotlight Rita Mayhew, MMT, MT-BC Music Therapy Curriculum Coordinator Howard Community College Columbia, MD My music therapy career began quite a while ago. My professional career has been a mix of teaching, clinical work and administrative duties. I have a BA in Music and History and Government from Notre Dame College in Cleveland, OH. […]
- (1/24/2016) - This quarter, the Member Spotlight shines on Robert Miller, MS, MT-BC, Fellow of the Association for Music and Imagery. Describe your career as a music therapist—education, populations served, etc. I have an undergraduate degree in Music Education from West Chester University in PA. I taught elementary school general music classes in Pennsville, NJ for two years […]
- (10/16/2015) - This quarter, the spotlight shines on MAR member Leah Oswanski! Please read Leah’s responses listed below to learn more about her; I particularly like her suggestions for novel music therapists and the wisdom she shares in her current goals. Thank you, Leah, for being an amazing MAR member! Leah Oswanski, MA, LPC, MT-BC Describe your […]
Know someone who deserves to be nominated for our next Membership Spotlight? Send in your nomination by clicking on the following link: Membership Spotlight Nomination Form
If you are having financial difficulty, you may apply for the Membership Support Fund by October 1st to help pay for 75% of your AMTA dues. Click here to read more about the Membership Support Fund and get details on how to apply.
AMTA also offers installment plans for payment of membership dues and various membership types.
To support member involvement at the MAR conference, two $300 conference support awards are available each year. To be considered for this award, all applicants must submit a MAR Regional Conference award form: https://goo.gl/forms/FrISFjQFk4o28Dco1. Applications must be received by February 1st.
New MAR Professional Members
If you recently completed your internship, please fill out the linked form to receive your MAR New Professional Packet.
If you recently moved to the MAR, please fill out the New to Region Professional Form to receive a welcome packet and a $75 discount coupon to the next MAR-AMTA Regional Conference!